Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Java3d issues

Java3d issues 5 years 1 month ago #1

• Pouya
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello.

In our servers, we do have java3d installed but the shared object libj3dcore-ogl.so, is located in a different directory than the default one of OpenJDK or Oracle JDK. I tried adding that directory to LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable but there has been no success.

My questions are:
  1. How to solve the problem of java3d?
  2. Is there anyway to have a log on the client side so that I can have a better understanding of this problem?

Please note that I do not have root access so commands with sudo are not possible.

Thanks,
Pouya.
Last Edit: 5 years 1 month ago by Pouya.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Java3d issues 5 years 1 month ago #2

• Pouya
  • Fresh Boarder
I managed to solve the problem and I'm writing this for future visitors who face the same issue.

After I tried another java3d application through java web start, it turned out that we have java3d v1.6 installed in our netboot machines while Robotran utilizes java3d v1.5. Simple workaround is to download jnlp file (currently at beta stage) related to java3d v6.

P.S. It would be great if Robotran give some more meaningful messages when encountering errors. Java web start applications are hard (if not impossible) to troubleshoot on the client side and a simple "problem with java3d ..." message doesn't help much.

Cheers,
Pouya.

Java3d issues 4 years 9 months ago #3

Hi,

We are currently trying to install Robotran on the computers of our school, robotran works fine but it says when oppening "robotran an error occurs during the prcess this may be due to the java3d library". We tried installing java3d ver 1.5 but we still have the same problem.
On my computer I haven't installed anything related to java3d but I can still use the 3d visualisation.

Is the 3d library included in the latest Java ?

We are not sure if it's a security problem related with java secrity or what to do.
Is it possible to have a local application ?
Sebastian

Java3d issues 4 years 9 months ago #4

Hello Sebastian,

normally, java3D is bundled with MBsysPad and is downloaded when clicking the LAUNCH button. It should not be necessary to install it separately.
Could you precise if you want to install it on Linux or Windows, 32 or 64 bit.

It could be useful if you can activate the java console to get the full error message. This can be done via the java preferences.

Nicolas

Java3d issues 4 years 9 months ago #5

Hello,

Thank you very much for your Reply and your advices Nicolas, we managed to make it work.

It was on the computers of the School, running on a Windows 8.1 64 bit system.

What we had to do was :
- Unsinstall all the old versions of Java and keep only one of the latest version (51)
- Erase the Java folders of the previous versions (The uninstallation didn't erase them and it seems to cause a conflict)
- Clean the registry
- Replace the "sun" folder in the java files by one working on my personnal computer.

Only doing all of the previous steps we managed to make the 3d visualisation work on the computers.

Hope it can help other people if they have similar problem running robotran on school computers.

Sebastian
Sebastian

Java3d issues 4 years 9 months ago #6

Thanks for your feed-back.

It's not easy to run MBsysPad when there are several version available. It should be possible but you need to know which version you are running. You can also have both 32 bit and 64 bit version of the Java virtual machine (jvm) besides you are on a 64 bit computer...

Happy to read that it works!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.256 seconds

©2017 Robotran